Celebration was in order this past Sunday when my step-mom, Brenda, was released from the hospital. She scared us with a mild heart attack on Friday evening. After spending two days, one being her 51st birthday, at Community South, we had our lady back and feeling good.
Nascar was the theme of the party since the Brickyard 400 was airing. I overheard my sister saying she was going to dress "redneck" so I followed suit. I cut the sleeves off of an old jean jacket for M, wrote 24 on my bicep and we were ready to go! It was a different kind of Nascar party...pampering Brenda, eating health foods, and skipping the booze was more of the speed of this shindig. The costumes gave it the trashy feel that was lacking in other departments.
M looked more like a mini Harley chic but everyone got the idea!
My niece, Livi, refused to dress like us. She would rather be a ballerina princess. It seems like M didn't approve by the look on her face!
Beebs was sporting her MOM heart tattoo!
At one point I heard someone say, "Do you think they will ever grow up?" The answer is yes, I think. One thing is for sure...we will always have fun and definitely be a little goofy!
It was nice to visit and see Brenda kick back with the family after such a scary weekend. Life is short...I am constantly reminded of that. I am thankful for each and every person that is in my life...and I don't want to lose them.
xoxo, ang



I am so glad that Brenda is doing better!
ReplyDelete