Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Paint the Town Red

For the first time in 15 months, K and I had a sitter (Pepop) come to our home so we could share an evening together.  Usually M would end up staying over night with one of our 'rents which takes some planning since they don't live around the corner.  Going out on a whim isn't something we are able to do until we find a part-time sitter. 
K got us on the list at a Yelp event called "Paint the Town Red".  The purpose of Yelp's site and their events is to connect people with local businesses.  We were ready to connect!  I was excited about going to test products from some of the great local joints we haven't tried yet.  The party was downtown at Mavris Arts & Events Center.  This venue is amazing.  It was my first love for our wedding before I saw the price tag. 
 We enjoyed our night out once again...
Some of my favorite samples came from Flat 12 Bierworks, U Relish, and Kincaid's Meat Market.  Everything we tasted was quite delicious though.
Besides the fact that it is so yummy, I liked Flat 12 because their samples were bottles...not miniature cups!
They were taking pictures in a vintage booth for their Facebook page.  Very fun!
We were suppose to be out 'til 10 and were home by 9:30. Wow, are we old! Thanks to Pepop for watching the bird so we could paint the town for a few hours!
 

I linked up everything for Yelp!  They would be proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!