Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Christmas

This year I decided to get a little creative with my Christmas gifts.  It all started with my addiction to Pinterest.  That website motivates me to be crafty and fills my head with tons of ideas.  All I had to do is find time to put all of these projects to work. 
First, I came up with the idea to make a personalized tray for my niece, Adalei.  Mom was telling me how she uses these old trays at the cabin to put cups and things on to carry around.  Then, one day I was at Mom's and she was carrying around a different tray, handing out goodies.  I figured she would enjoy having her own.  Maybe one that matches her room and has her name on it would make a great Christmas present.  So, I went to Michael's craft store (love that place) and picked up a set of two unfinished wood trays, primer, poodle skirt pink and wild orchid paint, brushes, and satin finish.
A coat of primer and a couple of coats of bright colors was quick and painless.  Now, the decorating process became a little lengthy after my mild o.c.d
kicked in.

 The stencils that I purchased were cardboard material.  That didn't work out so well.  After a couple coats of paint, the cardboard stuck to the tray.  What a mess!  I sanded it down and started over.  I ended up drawing an A on my own which worked out a lot better. 


I am happy with the way the trays turned out and she seemed to like them.  There are so many ideas for future gifts that are just waiting to be done!  It is fun to have these little projects to do in my free time...well, when I get some.

xoxo, ang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!