Friday, December 16, 2011

Santa, stop here!

Well, I'm ready!  Decorations are up, presents are wrapped, and baking is complete...bring on Christmas!  All I have to do is put a few finishing touches on some handmade gifts. Every bit of my preparation has been enjoyable.  Having these little projects has helped me stop, relax, and focus.  What a nice change of pace!  It has been a long time since I have brought out my crafty side.  It is coming full force now which will give me plenty of practice!  I started to get in a little over my head with all of the crafts I started along with the normal everyday things I have going on.  Everything came together and looks great though.  I am happy with the way it all turned out.  It will not be until after Christmas until I can show pictures of what I put together for a few people.  I do not want to ruin any surprises! 

As soon as we got our real tree up, I was feeling very festive.  The tree looks a little bare in the picture but it turned out nice.  The red dot in the middle is a little birdie we bought last Christmas before we knew that we were gonna have a Macy and not just a "birdie".  It is hard to believe that it has already been a year.  All we could talk about last Christmas was how fun this Christmas was gonna be!  M won't even know what is going on but I am sure she will love the wrapping paper!

I like the look of the mantel with three stockings on it! 
Of course we had to add the birdie on here too.  I thought it was a necessary touch.


We have the first of our celebrations with family this weekend at Mom's.
Let the festivities begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!