Thursday, March 29, 2012

A little bit country

Every since I can remember, I was riding or driving some sort of tractor, four wheeler, lawn mower or anything someone was willing to let me take off on.  I was probably as young as Macy Lou when I was riding along with my grandpa or uncle.  By the time I was 8 years old I was driving my Dad's stick shift truck or a cub tractor to help on my grandparent's farm.  I enjoyed growing up in the country and miss it dearly.
Well, now we live in the city.  Raising M here will be a totally different experience than what I had.  Then, there is her city slicker Daddy that calls his new lawn mower a tractor!  Even though he didn't grow up in the country, he appreciates it.  We both want M to have the best of both worlds!  Teaching her small town values and appreciating simple things in life are lessons at the top of our list. 
It was fun to see how excited Kyle was about getting the new John Deer from his grandmother.  It's the little things.  After just one time trying it out, he was ready to take M for a ride.  She loved it!  She watched him in some sort of trance and continued to stare in awe as they rode around the yard. 

It looks like she is waving but really her arm is just stuck up since she is frozen stiff from excitement!
He is such a proud Daddy!  There is a chance he may have enjoyed it more than her.
I put this silly hat on her since it is the only one that fits without falling down in front of her eyes.  She tolerated it for awhile as she giggled and watched Daddy mow the lawn.  Every time he got close and waved, she would smile big and laugh. 
I am glad that she loves the outdoors.  I think she is going to be a little country girl.  We will try our best....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!