Sunday, August 4, 2013

the bird lady is 2!

 What a weekend!  Yeah, weekend.  Of course Macy Lou managed to get an extended birthday since it fell on a Thursday.  By Sunday I was glad that I kept the party simple, short, and sweet.  Her extra long nap on Sunday told us she was over it, pooped, and ready to get back to normal!  Well, at least that's how we took it;)  
It all started early Thursday morning when we were too excited to let her sleep any longer because we wanted her to open her gifts!  I really think I was more excited than I ever have been for my own birthdays.  My mom, Mimi, showed up soon after to stay with the bird since Miss Mary was on vacation.  It couldn't have worked out better.  They got to spend some quality time just the two of them which means the world to me.  Anyone who doesn't know Mimi, I will just tell you that she is awesome and truly the best thing ever!
From Thursday on, there wasn't a dull moment.  Gifts, waterpark, and the party on Saturday kept M movin'!  I went in to the week of the party with little to no planning.  Every time I thought about it, it kept getting smaller and more simple.  At age 2, all of this can be a bit overwhelming.  I wanted M to enjoy herself and interact with everyone.  I was so proud of her.  She hit her head pretty hard that morning so we didn't let her take a nap.  She was a trooper anyway.  Um, that never happens.  No nap usually brings out some toddler demons, but she did wonderful! 

This little smarty is always wanting to draw, so an easel was the perfect gift!
 Mimi, Nana, K and I took the birthday girl to the Monon Center's water park.  She went down that water slide over and over!
The cousins.... Girl power!
 Everyone enjoyed the water balloon toss!  Even GG Davis joined in the fun!
We couldn't have ordered a more beautiful day!  Better yet, the wind was just right for flying a kite.  The girls loved it!
It was the perfect little party!  She hung in there with no nap and lots of sugar.  That's my girl!
 I got this picture from Miss Mary the following Monday.  They continued to celebrate her birthday, Strawberry Shortcake Princess style.

I love this sweet thing more than I could ever have imagined.  No matter how bad my day is, she makes me smile and reminds me why I'm here.   It's hard to swallow 2 but it sure has been fun getting here!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! It was a gorgeous day for her party it looks like! I hear ya on simple, people really let it get out of hand these days. The big boys had their first big party when Evan turned 3 and Jake turned 5 (I had it in Nov since Jake is Oct and Evan is Dec). Think I'm going to try to implement a big party one year, a small one the next once they're all in school. Happy Birthday again to Macy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! We just have such a big family, it's hard to keep it small until she gets older. So, I went with simple! Once they are a little older it's just the friends. That should be pretty easy;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!