Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V-Day!

Valentine's Day use to be one of my least favorite days.  I thought it was cursed because of many reasons.   
I have to admit that I didn't really enjoy V-Day until I met Kyle.  Now I look forward to it!  I guess when you fall in love and have a reason to celebrate...things change.  Today we have been together for six years.  Here's how our V-Day celebrations have went through the years...

'06:  Kyle and I actually worked together at the bar.  He brought me flowers and asked me out.
'07:  Carrabba's Italian Restaurant where we went on our first date!  Ordered the same bottle of wine.
'08:  Spiced it up with St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail after a drink at the Canterbury Hotel.  Very romantic!
'09:  Mo's Steakhouse downtown followed by drinks with friends.
'10:  Romeo and Juliet at the IRT after another fine dinner at Ruth's Chris.
'11:  I was pregnant with Macy.  We went to Bonefish Grill with reservations at 6pm...I was passed out in a food coma by 9.
'12: With a new love in our life, work schedules, and the flu bug...our V-Day celebration has changed considerably.  One thing was the same though, I still woke to flowers and a sweet card.  I am looking forward to a dinner date with Kyle on Saturday!  With everything being hectic around Bird Holler, it will be nice to have a quiet date with my Valentine!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!
Love, Ang

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... if I could remember I'm sure we had a fun valentines day once or twice... ha ha! I hear ya though :) I was trying to remember all Greg & mine's vdays since 2001... but I can't remember all of those either! LOL ;) Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised if we can't remember our celebrations..haha! We were the single girls crying in our beers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!