Well, we had made it 7 whole months without any ailments. This week we have been hit with a double whammy..teething and the sniffles. This made my 7 month photo shoot a little difficult. Macy was not cooperating...whatsoever. First, I couldn't get her to stay sitting down. I have found that this has been harder each month.
Standing up and smacking whatever she is leaning on is one of her new favorite activities.
Once I got her to sit down, she would not leave the sign alone. I can't just prop her up beside it anymore. This is work! After this shot I realized that she had tossed her bow. Another time out to search the area...
I thought if I made her another "7" sign then she would forget about mine. Come on Macy Lou, you have your very own sign...work with Mommy.
So, she ate it. Nice.
Then, I took the personal little sign away...uh oh! Now I've really pissed her off. This is a new side of M we haven't seen before. Poor thing just wanted to be left alone.
Finally, I got the shot I had been hoping for! Sweet little Macy Lou. All she needed was a little song and dance around the living room and we were back in action.
The last couple of nights have been a little rough. M has been up both nights. Kyle got up with her the night before last since I had to work the next morning. I still cannot sleep when she is crying though. Then, last night was brutal! M and I were battling it out all night long with a fever, crying, and drowning in tissues. We visited the doctor (a different one since Dr. Parent was not on duty) this morning for the first time without it being planned for us. The doctor probably thought I was a crazy overprotective Mom when we were there because M smiled and laughed the whole time. Turns out she just has a common cold which was excellent news! I hope we can get things back on track tomorrow before the week starts up. She gets testy when her routine gets messed up. That is the one downside of being on a schedule. As soon as it's changed a little, we have a bear on our hands. I wish we could go another 7 months lucky without any hiccups..I said I wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!