Kyle asked me what I wanted to do for my day and I didn't miss a beat with "the ZOO!" I have wanted to go to the zoo since I moved to Indianapolis...8 years ago. That's all I wanted. No trinket, card, flowers, or candy. I was looking forward to just the three of us spending the day together. Although, I did appreciate them letting me sleep in until 7:30 (yes, that is late for me). Then, I got my lovely card and flowers along with yummy omelets. What a great start to my first Mother's Day!
Macy Lou is always excited to see dogs, birds, or squirrels so I couldn't wait to see how she would react to the zoo animals. At first she was more interested in all of the people and kids running around to pay attention to what we kept pointing at. Luckily, now when we point, she doesn't just stare at our finger instead of what we want her to see! After awhile she got into the animals and would grunt a little at them.
As soon as we got there, Daddy grabbed her and up on his shoulders she went. She thought that she was big stuff up there. One thing I remember about being little was riding on Dad's shoulders. Always a blast.
As soon as we got there, Daddy grabbed her and up on his shoulders she went. She thought that she was big stuff up there. One thing I remember about being little was riding on Dad's shoulders. Always a blast.
Our first stop was the bears. It got pretty close which kind of freaked me out a little. That didn't phase M a bit. She just continued to stare at the little boy in the red hat.
Even though the train route that took us by Washington Street and the gas station was disappointing, we had a good time. M was happy with the chain that blocked the exit. She played with that the whole ride. I tried to get M and I in a picture and Daddy snuck in. I couldn't believe I got all three of us in the first shot. It is my favorite picture of the day.
M loved the carousel ride. It was so much fun to see her face light up. She got pretty excited. I was surprised that we got any pictures. Every time we came around it looked like the light was going off after we passed as K took pictures. So, I got to laughing because he was getting frustrated. I thought he was getting frustrated with the camera being on delay. The real reason he was looking agitated was the fact the I would yell, " It's on delay!" every time we came around. He forgets that I do not get embarrassed and really don't care what people think...that's when I actually remember others are around! So, unfortunately for him I will keep doing it until I think it's right. We cracked up about it after the ride. Of course almost a week later and I haven't heard the end of it!
The Indianapolis Zoo is perfect for little ones. We got around the whole thing with most of the day to spare. It wore M out! I still had to get a picture on this cute bench even though she was passed out.
I was glad to find time after my busy, busy week to sit down and share with you all about my day with my sweet little family. I had the best day.
Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there...especially mine. The greatest teacher. The best friend. The perfect mother. Thank you...
xoxo, ang
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!