Monday, July 30, 2012

And Minnie more....

Our sweet little bird turned 1 last week!  I had a blast planning M's birthday party.  This was the big one...well, for at least 15 years!  The first birthday is the one that everyone comes to and will remember.  Everyone except for the birthday girl.  It ended up being a success.
Every since she started paying attention to cartoons, she would dance to the tune of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse's songs.  I thought it would be fun to go with a classic.  Minnie Mouse and lots of pink was the direction I took!  
M was a great little host.  Her Nana described her as "working the crowd".   She was walking around checking everything out most of the time.  Every once in awhile she would stop and say "hi" to someone.  I was glad she did so well.  I wasn't sure how she would react to all of the people and commotion. 
There were ears for the kids (and some big kids) to wear during the party.
My mom and I spent the night before putting up the tent that my Uncle Rob loaned us.  Luckily my neighbor, Carly, came by to help...and keep Mom and I from arguing!  Frustrating times like those are ones that Mom and I have a hard time not choking each other over!  All out of love of course!
The tent helped with the heat even though it ended up being one of the nicer and cooler days that we have had in awhile.  You can see M in the picture just cruising around on her own.
Meeska Mouska!  I had to add that in somewhere since we have said it quite a bit around bird holler this past year.
The monthly pictures were displayed on the gift table.  It was fun to line them out and see how she has grown!
I made little mouse ears with labels for the food, too!  Thanks to Mom, Teresa, and Brenda for all of the yummy grub you brought!
I was very impressed with the cake!  They did a great job at Indy Cakes.  There were so many different flavor options between the cake and the "fillings".  Going with the simple flavors, chocolate and vanilla  seemed safe to me.  I thought it was delicious! 
Macy enjoyed her cake as well.  She dug right in!
Opening M's presents was a little overwhelming (for me more than for her)!  She was still trying to roam around so I required help from my nieces, Livi and Adalei, who are in the front row ready to pounce me at any second!  M is very fortunate to get all of these nice gifts.  What I think is more important is to have all of these wonderful people in her life that she can celebrate with.   Some days I wish I could pick my mom's brain and see how she kept me from being a spoiled brat!  I grew up in a big family and was always showered with gifts at holidays and turned out just fine.  Even as a child I was appreciative and overwhelmed by the graciousness of others.  I pray M will do the same. 
I put together little goody bags for the kids, mainly so they wouldn't get bored.  That didn't happen, they all had a ball!
Luckily the  first one is the big one and now we can stay low key for the next fifteen to twenty years.  Ha!  I say that until the next birthday rolls around.  I love to plan parties!
TOOTLES!

xoxo, ang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!