Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Practice makes perfect!

Even though Kyle and I are off of sweets, I still need to practice baking.  So, a few months ago, I started taking cupcakes to work once a month to celebrate my co-worker's birthdays.  Not only does it cheer the office up with yummy treats, but I can benefit from this in the kitchen!  Now that I am a Mom, I feel like I need to know how to bake and be pretty darn good at it.  This is something I can teach and enjoy with Macy as she grows up.  I read an article about how baking with your child is a great form of teaching.   It teaches following directions, measuring, timing, multitasking, and working together.  Okay, I can do that.  The only thing is, I am not very good at it...so I need practice.   
 
 M is a little young to be my assistant but I get her involved anyway.  I pulled her high chair over and explained the step by step process.  She had a blast when I whipped up the last batch.  There was a lot of giggling when I was running the mixer! 
The food coloring made this batch fun.  I actually tried to do some fancy piping with regular icing.  It was a definite cupcake fail.  There won't be any pictures of that;) 
In a few months I should be graduating from using the box mix and maybe adding some fancy frosting.  Whether they turn out good or bad, it is quality time with M and practice.  I need a lot of both!

xoxo,
baking momma wannabe....angie





1 comment:

  1. Good job! Triple results, happy engaged baby, practicing baking (which I still feel like I'm in that stage), and doing something nice for peoples birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!