This week was hot. There isn't any reason to explain how hot, because that would require thinking. It is too hot for that since I am pretty sure the heat is starting to fry brain cells. We decided to take Macy to her 1st parade despite the dangerous conditions. Even though she will never remember it, we will. Times like this will not come along but once a year so we want to take advantage of them while we can.
Kyle's hometown, Carmel, hosted one heck of an event! We met the family at Stephanie's (a family friend) house to park close to our prime spot that was saved 24 hours in advance. Yes, apparently, this parade has become a big deal.
We started out standing on the sidewalk but managed to squeeze in on the curb by the beginning of it next to the sweet Oakley and his grandma, Stephanie.
This paints a good picture of what the parade in the 100 degree heat could do to a family. M was border line freaking out. K was annoyed but doing a great job of keeping it together. I, on the other hand, resorted to the candy that was being tossed at us. I caved. Ahh..what's a few mini bags of lemon heads gonna hurt? Luckily moments like these were minimal. Once the parade got going, we actually ended up having a well behaved little bird on our hands!
She loved the marching bands and watching the kids do flips and dance.
Of course I had to sneak a family pic in! M couldn't take her eyes off of the action even for a second.
People and their dogs. Sometimes I do not get it. These people stopped with this huge slobbering horse dog right on top of us. Then, they started giving the monster water from a water bottle and it was splashing all over us as it's long tongue slurped it as quickly as it could. While the couple was doing this, the man said "You are in the splash zone." Really?
M didn't mind. She was having a ball!
I have another great day to add to my list of favorites.
We wish you all a Happy 4th of July. Stay cool!
We wish you all a Happy 4th of July. Stay cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!