Kyle has three brothers, Adam, Eric, and Tyler. Three of the coolest, funniest, and caring people I have ever met! Six and a half years ago when I met them, Tyler was just graduating high school. Eric was right behind him, enjoying life as a teenager. Adam was a "boy" playing football. How things have changed!
Thanksgiving 2010 we were planning our 4th Annual Euchre Extravaganza. This was a biggie because it was the first one that Adam was allowed to attend. Little did they know, I wouldn't be participating as usual. We had some news for them....they were going to be uncles! The mood of the "party" changed quickly to celebrating! They were trying to figure out what they were gonna be called and giving suggestions on what the bird's name should be. Weeks or months went by before they came up with their names....they had to be just right!
![]() |
| Adam: Uncle Yes You Can, Tyler: Uncle T, Eric: Uncle ED |
Uncle ED and Uncle T sent us this picture right before Macy joined us with instructions to hold this over M when she is born. They wanted her to see them right away!
![]() |
| Hi Macy Lou!!! |
I was glad to get a picture of this special moment. Uncle YYC stared at M for a good while during this visit. It was so sweet how he watched her sleep!
Since everyone lives in different cities, or states in some cases, it was nice to have a week vacation planned to catch up! M got to spend a lot of quality time with her uncles. What's better than a beach location for some play time with the uncles?!
Kyle thought it would be fun to see the boys compete a little bit. He came up with the idea of having an award to the favorite uncle...UOTY 2012. The four of them have a private chat set up on Beluga to keep in touch. K sent out the criteria on the chat a few months ago:
"The UOTY will be determined by a number of factors including but not limited to:
Number of visits, $ spent, sincerity, and best birthday gift. Good luck to all of the contestants. We look forward to seeing you in SC for the first UOTY awards."
Soon after this message went out...gifts started arriving in the mail and M received the neatest birthday surprises from all of the contestants!
K ordered a trophy that could be used in the future as well. Plaques with the year and winner's name can be added as they pass it through the family. Of course, K is thinking about the crazy things he is gonna do when he is an uncle to their kids. It is all for fun! I have to say though, when we got to Hilton Head and all of the boys were together, I felt bad. I told K that I didn't want to pick a winner and he agreed. We wanted it to be a harmless competition and definitely did not want to hurt anyone's feelings! They are all wonderful uncles and love M dearly. It was hard to pick one:) We had to now, though. So, we handed out the t-shirts for them to wear and announced that there would be a ceremony in a few days.
K ordered a trophy that could be used in the future as well. Plaques with the year and winner's name can be added as they pass it through the family. Of course, K is thinking about the crazy things he is gonna do when he is an uncle to their kids. It is all for fun! I have to say though, when we got to Hilton Head and all of the boys were together, I felt bad. I told K that I didn't want to pick a winner and he agreed. We wanted it to be a harmless competition and definitely did not want to hurt anyone's feelings! They are all wonderful uncles and love M dearly. It was hard to pick one:) We had to now, though. So, we handed out the t-shirts for them to wear and announced that there would be a ceremony in a few days.
They had so much fun with her!
Kyle had a nice ceremony planned out with a video of pictures to play for everyone as well. He explained that it was all for fun! No hard feelings!
And the winner is....UNCLE T! He looks so proud!
M is lucky to have all of her aunts and uncles in her life. Thanks for being so wonderful to her and helping make her childhood so special! We love you!
Being an uncle is better than being a Superhero~anonymous






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!