In my past life, you know the one before I had kids, this wouldn't have been nearly as exciting. So, I apologize to those of you who read my posts that may find this stuff boring. To really let you in on the d list...I have to share how much joy days like these brings me.
My friend, April, has two little ones, Lincoln and Lucy. M is 8 months younger than Lincoln and 6 months older than Lucy. A few weeks ago, Lincoln turned 2 and hosted a Mickey Mouse Club House party with an ice cream bar! It was a first for both of us. M hadn't ever sat at the "kid table" by herself. It may have not been a big step, but in my eyes it was. I saw her light up when she sat in that little chair. In front of her was a hard hat with Mickey's picture on it, balloons, confetti, bouncy balls. Oh my...she thought she was big stuff sitting with all of those kiddos!
She enjoyed the ice cream and being able to do it all on her own. I could tell she was proud. Even Lincoln looks impressed! They took a little longer eating than the other kids who were already playing!
M ran right for this bouncy zebra when they hit the playroom! That following Monday she was on the one at daycare when I picked her up. No wonder she was excited it was there!
April brought the kids over to birdholler a couple of days before the party so the kids could play and we could visit without all of the distractions. I was amazed at how well M and Lincoln played together. They laughed, screamed, and ran around the house. Here, at the party, they huddled in a little tent...giggling. It was fun to watch.
When it was time to leave, M was a little sad. I had to coax her out of the tent in Lincoln's play room. It's the first time I noticed her showing emotion for leaving someone besides K or I. She had such a great time with her little friend. I'm looking forward to getting together with them in warmer weather so they can run and play outside...plus they have a pool;)



That's so cute! I could tell she has changed on Christmas Eve..she's growing up! :)
ReplyDelete