Monday, December 17, 2012

The Busy Baker

I have been so busy I haven't been able to update on my baking adventures (or anything else in over a month)!  Ha..I say that like I am not usually pulled ten different ways.  Anyway, last month gave me plenty of practice making tasty treats.  Anyone that knows me well, knows I have a weakness for anything pumpkin except pumpkin pie.  So, when Pinterest led me to Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, I was stoked!  I was pleased with the outcome and feedback from three different groups...two family functions and my monthly work birthdays contribution.  Speaking of my contributions, they approached me at work and offered to reimburse me for all baking materials.  I was given the green light to get creative and maybe a little fancy.

These are pumpkin heaven...
The next new sweet treat I tried was also inspired by Pinterest.  It sent me to Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life, which is a fun little blog for just that.  The author made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting sound divine and fun to make.  After the cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes, you insert a Reese's Miniature in the center.  That made me nervous since it was getting late and didn't have a back up plan.  Next time I won't wait the 10 minutes that she suggested for slight cooling to start unwrapping the candies!  Luckily I acted fast and they turned out great!  



November was a big baking month due to the holiday but I also got my first cake order!  Adding something else to my plate wasn't what I had planned when a co-worker asked me to make a cake, I had to say yes.  Right before Thanksgiving a co-worker lost his family.  No, not in an accident, they didn't die, they just gave up on him.  Long story short, he didn't have a busy holiday planned that we all were looking forward to with family.  It was my pleasure to help make his holiday a tad bit more enjoyable, if at all possible.
My friend Carrie and I usually have a Bakefest for Christmas but with everything going on, we decided to cancel and have a girls shopping trip this year.  Okay, trip meaning her driving from the northside to the Greenwood Mall.  We got to take the bird with us and ended up having a blast (and less work!) riding the choo choo train through the aisles of the mall.  It was nice to get out instead of being stuck in the kitchen all day since I see a lot of that in the near future with Christmas just around the corner.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!