I'm behind, way behind, but I wanted to share my January birthday baking for my co-workers since I had such a blast with it! Making birthdays fun around the office has become part of my job description. I'm okay with that! Of course I am probably enjoying it more than anyone else. Now that I have a Kitchen Aid mixer (thanks to my mother-in-law), baking has become more fun than before. It makes me more efficient and there is little to no mess. Plus, I have found a few tricks along the way that have helped speed up the process. I found this tip on Pinterest awhile ago. Rather than being covered in frosting, I loaded the bag while inside a cup. It was a lot quicker, cleaner, and definitely easier.
Last month we had three birthdays at work. Our purchaser, John, was being teased for a couple of weeks for sporting a mustache so I made that the theme of January's gig! I was excited that he requested German Chocolate since I hadn't made it before. It is also my Daddy Keith's favorite so I need some practice on that one! Making something new and from scratch each month is kind of a goal for me. I'm not going to lie, I was very nervous. Between baking the round cake in a new pan and getting the coconut topping to the right consistency, I was a mess! The blog that I was using the recipe from, baked perfection, was calling for cupcakes rather than a cake, so there were some changes that needed to be made. Luckily it turned out great and everyone loved it!
Black felt mustaches and a picture I snuck of the actual mustache was a fun way to tease John just a little bit more!
Everyone had a good early morning laugh when we surprised him with the stache cake!
The other cupcakes were white cake (Betty Crocker box mix) and homemade chocolate butter cream frosting. There were a few co-workers that said it could have been the best cupcake they ever ate. I would have to say that they were delicious as well.
I'm looking forward to my February baking. I have a couple of fun ideas for work and I get to make the cupcakes for my youngest niece's (EJ) birthday party! She turned 1 on Valentine's Day! I see alot of red cupcakes in my future!





We're excited for Aunt Annie's cupcakes! :)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to baking and the party!
ReplyDelete