Friday, January 20, 2012

Driving Miss Macy

Some people say if you don't like the weather in Indiana, then just wait 10 minutes and it will change.  Well, today I couldn't wait to see what it was going to do or if the weatherman was off his game as usual.  I  have never really minded driving in the snow or ice.  It's different now with Macy.  Today when it started to spit ice I got very nervous.  Ice is bad.  I mean, people already have a hard time driving around this city in perfectly good weather, never mind a sheet of ice.  Having Macy out on icy roads in rush hour traffic was just plain crazy.  I asked my manager if it was important that I stay until 5 o'clock since we didn't have much going on and my meeting was cancelled.  They all said "hit the road", "you're a mom", and "get outta here!"  That was a breath of fresh air!  They are so good to me.  Anyway, Macy and I made it home a couple of hours early,  without traffic or Mommy's road rage, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!