Monday, January 16, 2012

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!

Our Saturday nights have changed quite a bit.  Hanging out with the baby, dinner, baby to bed, then wine and wow...adult conversation!  We have been wanting to try our new wok pan out that we got for Christmas.  Finally it was broke out over the weekend to make stir fry.  I also tried a vegetable "sushi" roll recipe that I found on Pinterest (my new addiction).  It took a two hour adventure of going to a couple of different Krogers to get all of the supplies I needed.  While the nice lady (at my first grocery stop) was helping me find wasabi I waited impatiently, pacing the aisles, hoping Macy didn't wake up.  The longer I waited, the more I kept adding to my cart for our feast!  When I would pass the International aisle I would see something else we might enjoy.  The vegetable sushi rolls were fun to prepare.  Zucchini, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, and cucumbers are the vegetables I chose.  The zucchini was cut into ribbons and the rest of the vegetables were cut into match sticks.  I accidentally picked up chive and onion cream cheese instead of regular and it worked out great!  Very easy...spread cream cheese on zucchini ribbons, add match stick vegetables, and roll them up.

While I was waiting I also decided to grab a dynamite roll in case mine did not turn out.  It was pretty yummy too!
This was the first time I had made stir fry with fresh vegetables.  I usually use the frozen bag that has everything already cut.  That is definitely the easier route but going fresh was a lot more fun. 

I am always excited to try new recipes.  This one was a lengthy process compared to most of our meals but well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yum-tastic! We love sushi... the boys even use chopsticks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!