For over half of my life, I have been known by friends along the way as the weirdo that loves Taco Bell. Wait, not just Taco Bell! The Chilito...which eventually became the Chili Cheese Burrito. I guess Chilito isn't a very nice word in Spanish. It is by far my favorite fast food item...EVER! Chili and cheese wrapped in a tortilla is perfection with one hot and one mild sauce to dip it in! I can taste it now as I am typing.
This picture was taken on my 17th birthday, back when I was completely obsessed. Apparently I didn't care about my health or my skin back then from the looks of that tan! My friends at the time gave me this day old Chilito as a gift..that I probably ended up eating!
About a year ago, I found out that they discontinued my favorite vice. I couldn't believe it! It's my cheat food when I'm on a diet, my comfort food when I'm sad, and my reward for, well, anything. It was with me through high school, college, breakups, pregnancy, and moves across the country. Yes, I am kinda a freak about this even though I know I shouldn't eat fast food at all. It has been a year and I still can't get over it. When I got the bad news, my first reaction was to never go back. I caved soon after that but haven't been back near as much. I was there for the first time in awhile the other day and it still has not returned! Well, it got me thinking which led to a little researching. I was happy to get ahold of the recipe that was easily found online. We will be having that for dinner in the near future...sorry, K! There is actually a Facebook page that I found with other people like me that aren't happy. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Another exciting thing I discovered is that it wasn't discontinued in certain parts of the country. Really, Indiana? Aren't we on the fattest state list? There were Chili Cheese Burrito sightings in Sandusky, Ohio! Cedar Point just went on our summer visit list! If not, maybe it will be like the McRib and make an appearance every once in awhile. One can only wish! Until then...hasta luego Chilito!

LOL! The infamous chili cheese burrito! Funny how we can get our certain attachments, even food :)
ReplyDelete