Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Movin' on up....to the northside

I knew the day would come.  I just didn't envision it would happen so quickly.  We had tossed around the idea of putting our house up for sale for awhile.  The major turn off was trying to show it.  We went through that a few years ago without a little one and it was horrible.  Keeping things picked up around the house with our crazy schedules and intense social life was nearly impossible then.  Now we have even less time to focus on that...I just couldn't imagine the chaos.
We were telling my dad and step-mother about our thoughts on selling and moving to the northside a couple of months ago.  There are a number of reasons why we need to be on the northside rather than just wanting to live up there.  To our surprise, they were interested in the house.  Well, mainly my sister was.  She is graduating college next month and wants to get out of their house and start on her own.  Not to mention how ready they are to have her out...in a loving, supporting way of course;)  She said, "I'll take it!" and we grinned from ear to ear!  This is perfect!  Dad knows our house well since he has done most of the work on it.  This will save us both (buyer and seller) time, money, and headaches.  Oh, the headaches! 
Once we figured out that we would be eventually moving with no time frame in place, we started looking at condos to rent while we take our time to find a house.  Looking is the fun part!  We fell in love with a condo community that is secluded, quiet, and kid friendly.  The lady that showed us a model told us that once we are approved, we would go on a waiting list.  We were okay with waiting for this location because it is perfect!  Come to find out, there was a cancellation so we were actually only on the waiting list for approximately 20 minutes.  Now things are starting to really falling into place.
Although I am a little sad to be leaving the place we have called home for so long, I am excited for our next step.  We have been dreaming of being on the northside for awhile now.  Our lives are making a complete 360 and being closer will help us transition smoothly!  The hubs has some things in the works with his job and I am kicking my real estate career in gear.  Let's not forget about the bird...she started a new daycare too!  I think we are adjusting well though.  I was a little worried about how M would react to all of the change.  She is attending daycare 5 days a week instead of only two days.  I'm proud of how well she is doing.  She kinda just goes with the flow. 
The first week in our new place has made us incredibly happy.  Once the unpacking is done then we will be able to kick back and enjoy!

More on our new spot and pics to come... 

1 comment:

  1. As much as I wish you guys were closer so we could hang out on the regular, I am super happy that things are on the up and up for you guys and that your dreams are coming true! It just means that when we do get to hang out, it'll be extra special! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!