I was happy to make the cupcakes for the party. I had big plans for cupcakes to look like love bugs but unfortunately they were sub par. Luckily the kiddos didn't mind that my bugs looked more like blobs. It was nice practice though!
EJ liked them!
Then there is Miss Adalei. She turned 4 recently which doesn't even seem possible. We headed south for her butterfly themed party this past weekend. When the birthday girl ran in, she ran right to her Aunt Annie (yeah, that's yours truly) with a big hug! Melt my heart! This cutie patootie and I became pretty tight early on. I enjoyed my connection with her so much, I decided that maybe I did want a child of my own after all. It's crazy to think that someone so small could make such a huge impact on my life!
Having these adorable girls in my life has been too much fun! I am looking forward to watching them grow up with M and seeing the women that they become. I wasn't ever close to an aunt growing up. It wasn't that they weren't great aunts or didn't care. I understand why now. When you have kids of your own it could be easy to lose touch. I will try my hardest to be the aunt every little girl needs...busy or not!
xoxo, Aunt Annie;)





This made me tear up a bit! You are a great aunt and I'm thankful my girls have such great women to look up to.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Miss them:)
ReplyDelete