I was very lucky finding this job. The interview process was a little different which I think is what helped me. After searching, interviewing, and playing the waiting game for a few months I was about to give up. Working at a big box store or a video store started to sound appealing just so I didn't have to sit at home. I needed time to move quickly so I could get to July and meet my baby. It was getting frustrating applying for jobs online and not being able to talk to anyone. Well, the interview with Stone Center was different. Luckily I was able to talk to someone and let them meet me instead of just seeing me on paper. One thing is for sure, I do not look good on paper. Spending ten years in a bar didn't do anything for my resume.
Everyone kept telling me that I was not going to get a job if I told them I was pregnant. They were wrong about this one. The president of the company called and said that honesty and integrity were very important to them. I couldn't believe it. This was the job I wanted. It feels good to work for such a great company.
We sell landscape and architectural stone. Our sales staff is amazing. They know everything there is to know about stone, how to apply it, where it comes from, and able to identify it no matter how old or worn. I like to listen to them talk with customers and explain a number of different things.
We even have a little fun from time to time...One of our reps, Brock,was cooking breakfast on site for us and contractors. So, we made a video for the occasion.
During the winter, our slower season, our staff that are former landscapers and masons work on displays. In the back ground is the Great Wall where you can reference natural stone veneer.
Contemporary fire pit and pergola...so cool
I would love to have a grill like this.
Letters cut out of blue stone...
This is the front entrance. I walk about a quarter of a mile then up this ramp every morning.
Part of my job is keeping this area tidy and organized. No problem. I can't stand it to get messy anyway..
When I am not answering phones or assisting the sales reps, I am running the vehicle scale. If you were to pull up on it, you would see me stick my head out...then get a thumbs up!
I never thought I would be working with stone...slinging rocks as they say. It is interesting though. I enjoy the people I work with and learning something new everyday.
Check out our website... stonecenterofindiana.com and like us on Facebook!
I'd love to work where you work! Sounds like a great place... looks nice too! :)
ReplyDelete