I have been inspired by many of my facebook friends that have been giving their 30 days of Thanks. I may be four days behind but I am ready to join in. Afraid of leaving someone out, I decided to share these on my blog rather than on facebook.
Today, I am thankful for our home. It is always filled with love and laughter. It may be a small house but it is plenty of room for us! I have lived in many different places and haven't felt like I was at home until now. Together, Kyle and I have made this house into a place that we love and rarely want to leave. Now, with Macy Lou here, it is even more enjoyable.
Like I said before, our house isn't a mansion by a long shot. Even so, we decided to name it. We got the idea from a sitcom which means this isn't something that normal people do. Different ideas were tossed around with Kyle, myself, and his brothers (via the web). A few ideas included our street name which we both turned our nose up at. After awhile we finally decided on Bird holler. Since we call Macy Lou "birdie" as well, we thought it was appropriate now that she runs the household!
We talk about just staying here for the next 50+ years since it means so much to us. Kyle and I feel comfortable enough here to raise Macy Lou and other possible Davis' that may eventually join us. I am ready to make memories in this wonderful abode.
xoxo angie
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!